Announcements, and General Discussion.
Cruiser47
Noob
Noob

This Just In

Post by Cruiser47 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:51 pm

A STATE GRANT FOR SHERIFF’S ENFORCEMENT OF OHV LAWS LOCALLY
z1077fm.com - 10 hours ago
If all goes according to plan at tomorrow’s 10 a.m. meeting of county supervisors in San Bernardino, Morongo Basin Sheriffs will receive grant funds of nearly $125,000 earmarked for enforcement of off-highway vehicle activities in the Morongo Basin through next September. The grant Administered by the State Department of Parks and Recreation is funded from OHV registrations, fines and forfeitures, fees and fuel taxes. Sheriffs supplement U.S. Bureau of Land Management operations during busy holiday weekends. Tomorrow’s meeting will stream live to the first-floor teleconferencing room at the County Government Center in Joshua Tree where public comment may be made via video link.
These users thanked the author Cruiser47 for the post:
Irving Zisman (Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:05 am)
Rating: 20%

JTFJ
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Has thanked: 0

Re: This Just In

Post by JTFJ » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:50 am

Morongo Basin? Thats where I live. z107.7fm, listen to it all the time. So what does this money mean? No more driving while drinking? Are they targeting the dirt bikes and quads? I dont see too much off roading in Joshua Tree any more. I wonder if they are going to unleash the police on 650r's again.

Irving Zisman
Admin
Admin

Post by Irving Zisman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:53 am

I am wondering what this means as well. I am planning on riding my dirt bike a little more, but dont want to be bothered by the police for doing so.
"Quotes found on the internet are rarely correct." - Abraham Lincoln

Wheelinyotas
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wheelinyotas » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:01 pm

JTFJ wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:50 am
Morongo Basin? Thats where I live. z107.7fm, listen to it all the time. So what does this money mean? No more driving while drinking? Are they targeting the dirt bikes and quads? I dont see too much off roading in Joshua Tree any more. I wonder if they are going to unleash the police on 650r's again.
Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to drink illegally off road :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: