What did you do to your FJ recently?

Say anything you want here
Irving Zisman
Admin
Admin
Reactions:

Re: What did you do to your FJ recently?

Post by Irving Zisman »

Just got my new MetalTech tube bumper installed. Kind of a pain to install but overall, not that bad.

I did break one of the backup sensors while trying to remove it from the old bumper. Ordered a new one on Amazon.

"Quotes found on the internet are rarely correct." - Abraham Lincoln
mk-Zero
Contributer
Contributer
Reactions:

Post by mk-Zero »

mk-Zero wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 pm Maybe 8 months ago i put in LED headlight bulbs from Amazon that were about $50 (these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7S92LU/re ... OBbSYD7GEX ) The beam pattern wasn't great but they were really bright and a huge improvement over stock. Over the past month or so the low beam on each went partially out. I bought a new pair from SuperBrightLED that were only a little more expensive ($20 more) but have a lifetime warranty. No-brainer! I put them in yesterday and they have a better beam pattern and are as bright or brighter than the $50 Amazon specials. And they have no annoying fan! So far I'm a happy camper! Here's the link to the new ones:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... 3929/8565/
After about 2.5+ years, one of these headlight bulbs went out. They do have a lifetime warranty on them, but they said they will not send you a replacement until they receive the defective one :roll: So as of now, I only have one headlight. I do have a pair of LED headlights I got from Amazon that I used to run, so I may swap one of those in in the mean time.
-Brian
2010 FJ
1955 VW Beetle
1953 Fleetwood Travel Trailer
Irving Zisman
Admin
Admin
Reactions:

Post by Irving Zisman »

mk-Zero wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 am
mk-Zero wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 pm Maybe 8 months ago i put in LED headlight bulbs from Amazon that were about $50 (these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7S92LU/re ... OBbSYD7GEX ) The beam pattern wasn't great but they were really bright and a huge improvement over stock. Over the past month or so the low beam on each went partially out. I bought a new pair from SuperBrightLED that were only a little more expensive ($20 more) but have a lifetime warranty. No-brainer! I put them in yesterday and they have a better beam pattern and are as bright or brighter than the $50 Amazon specials. And they have no annoying fan! So far I'm a happy camper! Here's the link to the new ones:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... 3929/8565/
After about 2.5+ years, one of these headlight bulbs went out. They do have a lifetime warranty on them, but they said they will not send you a replacement until they receive the defective one :roll: So as of now, I only have one headlight. I do have a pair of LED headlights I got from Amazon that I used to run, so I may swap one of those in in the mean time.
I have an extra LED headlight that you can have if need be. Its an Amazon special but it works.
Irving Zisman
Admin
Admin
Reactions:

Post by Irving Zisman »

And an update on the bumper/backup sensor. I got a Chinesium backup sensor from Amazon because Toyota wanted around $200 for one. A couple people on the blue room said that the Chinesium sensors do not work and to go with OEM. Well, I installed the cheap sensor and all is well. It works great. Will it last as long as OEM? Who knows.

Here is a link to the sensor I got on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GW ... UTF8&psc=1
mk-Zero
Contributer
Contributer
Reactions:

Post by mk-Zero »

Thanks Chris! I also have a pair of Amazon specials laying around, I'll use one of them. I'm just annoyed that they won't send me a replacement until they get the defective one back. I wouldn't even mind if they wanted my CC info and then if they didn't get the defective one back they could charge me after some period. Oh well
-Brian
2010 FJ
1955 VW Beetle
mk-Zero
Contributer
Contributer
Reactions:

Post by mk-Zero »

Irving Zisman wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:38 am And an update on the bumper/backup sensor. I got a Chinesium backup sensor from Amazon because Toyota wanted around $200 for one. A couple people on the blue room said that the Chinesium sensors do not work and to go with OEM. Well, I installed the cheap sensor and all is well. It works great. Will it last as long as OEM? Who knows.

Here is a link to the sensor I got on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GW ... UTF8&psc=1
Good to know, I think I've got a bad one. If I turn the system on and put the car in reverse, it just beeps even if I'm not close to anything. I assume that's a bad sensor?
-Brian
2010 FJ
1955 VW Beetle
Irving Zisman
Admin
Admin
Reactions:

Post by Irving Zisman »

Good to know, I think I've got a bad one. If I turn the system on and put the car in reverse, it just beeps even if I'm not close to anything. I assume that's a bad sensor?
Thats what mine did with only one sensor hooked up. It just beeped until I turned the switch off.
Irving Zisman
Admin
Admin
Reactions:

Post by Irving Zisman »

You might start by looking for a loose connection on one of the sensors. That might be all it is.
JTFJ
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by JTFJ »

I'm looking at getting the Currie Anti-rock sway bar for the rear. Curious on your thoughts, will it work with my king shocks? Is it worth the $600? Not sure it's needed, FJ is wheeling just fine already but I know the stock sway bar ends are weak and mine are too short with the 2.5" lift.

https://wheelersoffroad.com/shop-by-bra ... r-kit.html
Irving Zisman
Admin
Admin
Reactions:

Post by Irving Zisman »

Doug has that sway bar setup. You might ask him about it. @BigDouggieDoug

Or you could do what I did and get the Skyjacker swaybar links for the rear. They are only $80.